This post is about my personal experiences with Distrokid Music Distribution Company
This post features Mercedes Moss’ Personal Experiences With Distrokid Music Distribution Company. My experiences with Distrokid Music Distribution Company have been positive.
Video on my personal experiences with Distrokid Music Distribution Company
On February 5th, 2019, I recorded this video in which I shared my experiences with DIstrokid. I hope that you will find it helpful.
Please watch the video to learn more. I apologize for the quality in some places.
Transcript of the video on my personal experiences with Ditrokid
Don’s Song is a guitar instrumental that was written made by Lyndon Delano Moss nearly two
decades ago as he taught his son Don to walk. I got this song because I had bought this subscription at Distrokid music distribution company. I had not done anything with it for about four months.
I asked my brother to give me some music for publication. He gave me this song and I was so blown away by it. I felt exhilarated and so happy. I felt as if I were skipping along.
The story behind Don’s Song by Lyndon Delano Moss
I asked my brother to share the story behind Don’s Song:
Was he thinking words?
What was he thinking when he wrote this melody?
He responded that he had actually heard this song in his ear as he taught his son Don to walk with a 4/4 music beat. He said that he counted one two three four as he taught his son to walk.
I was blown away because I’ve never heard about anybody teaching a child to walk with a musical beat. I subsequently checked online and discovered that in recent years, scientists have published scientific research that shows that there is indeed a connection between musical rhythm or beats and movement.
My brother’s music was connected to a later scientific discovery called Rhythmic Auditory Stimulation
The science is called Rhythmic Auditory Stimulation. It shows that people walk better with good balance, their muscles are stronger when they walk to strong musical pulsations. Dr. Jessica Grahn, a neuroscientist and a musician herself, discovered through research focusing on brain waves, that there are movement centers in the brain that become activated when people hear music rhythms.
Dr. Grahn now uses this information to help people with movement disorders like Parkinson’s disease to walk. In Parkinson’s people freeze. Music pulsations or rhythm of beats help them to walk without freezing so terribly.
I was so excited about Don’s Song by Lyndon Delano Moss that I brought it up to Distrokid. The song is now on Amazon, Deezer, Google Play YouTube, Spotify, Shazam and Pandora. It is widely distributed on many outlets.
Distrokid ease of usage
– Very easy to upload a song.
– Upload in mp3, wav or some other formats.
– Progress reports given on the website areas where the song is published.
– Email notifications are sent when the song is published on various platforms.
– Great for indie artists as they allow you to publish unlimited albums for one low, yearly price.
– Offers record label status if you want to publish many artists.
– Prices are reasonable – one low, yearly cost.
– Sharing of royalties can be done right on the platform.
– New distribution platforms are added at no extra cost – for example, TikTok was added in 2020.
– Very responsive support service.
– Distribution of cover music for a low, yearly license fee, the best in the industry.
– Lyric distribution to various platforms – can earn income on this.
Overall recommendation of Distrokid music distribution company
I highly recommend Distrokid as a reliable music distribution company for music copyright owners of all kinds.