About the job description of the concert promoter
Today’s post will outline the job description of the Concert Promoter.
We will review the Concert Promoter:
Concert promoter definitions
A Concert Promoter is responsible for the organization and sometimes production of live music events. The scope of the job includes securing venues, booking talent, ticket pricing and marketing the event.
Concert promoter synonyms
Concert Promoter synonyms include Tour Promoter and Promoter.
Concert Promoter responsibilities
- Select a concert venue.
- Secure performers to participate in the event.
- Negotiate contracts and fees with participants.
- Plan and execute a marketing strategy for the event.
- Marketing the concert in order to attract the audience.
- Organize for on-site hospitality to provide for the omfort of artists.
- Create a concert production schedule for load-in, load-out, lighting, and sound.
- Work with third parties to arrange travel, transportation, and accommodation for the artist.
- Budgeting for the concert, tour or festival in order to obtain a good return on the investment.
Concert Promoter skills
Cincert Promoters need to possess the following skills:
- Event production.
- Contract negotiation.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Eager to deliver excellence.
- General knowledge of music venues.
- Must be passionate, creative, ethical, and a hands-on team player.
Concert Promoter education
There is no formal education for the Concert Promoter job. Many may start off in the industry by organazing small events.
Employers may require degrees in areas such as the music industry.
Concert Promoter salary
The September 2022 US national average salary for the Concert Promoter job is $38, 980/year.
Monthly pay in top paying US cities range from $3624 to $3973 (Zip Recruiter, 2022).
Table 1 Top Paying US Cities For The Concert Promoter Job
|City||Annual Salary||Monthly Pay||Weekly Pay||Hourly Wage|
|Green River, WY||$47,212||$3,934||$907||$22.70|
|San Francisco, CA||$44,055||$3,671||$847||$21.18|
|Cool Valley, MO||$43,494||$3,624||$836||$20.91|